Welcome to The Controls Freak Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed.

Administrator

The NEW Forums are now LIVE!

Welcome to the new TCF Forums. As you can tell at the time of this post things are a bit empty. This will soon change with your help.

Feel free to post questions or comments in the various sections and categories. These forums are here for you to become a part of The Controls Freak Community. So post away and feel free to post up suggestions as well so that we can build a strong and helpful community site.

Take care!

Abel I have stumbled on your site just looking for information. I think you have begun a great thing. I have been working for 6 years at a power plant at a hospital in Texas. Have been trying to learn DDC on my own. But now they have finally sent me and another fellow employee to school. Siemens. We are using the siemens insight with workstations. We are both hvac techs. but from old school. DDC we are familiar with but Siemens and automation with points and subpoints, etc. well I didn't grow up around this.. but it is pretty cool stuff.

Administrator
    Hey Marvin! Thanks for leaving a message...

It's great to hear you are learning something new. I have never worked for Siemens in the past, but like any of the big guys they have a good product with a large install base, which means they have some good infrastructure set up for the end user to take advantage of like formal training and documentation.

Where are you located at in Texas? I have spent alot of time all up and down Central Texas. Just recently left San Antonio to move way up here in Ohio.

I am realitivily new to the controls industry, just about 2 years. One thing noticeably missing from the form is a section on finance/accounting/etc... as it relates to the controls industry. Would like to hear how others are dealing with issues around pricing both for installation and Programimg/graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by trobins299 View Post
    I am realitivily new to the controls industry, just about 2 years. One thing noticeably missing from the forum is a section on finance/accounting/etc... as it relates to the controls industry. Would like to hear how others are dealing with issues around pricing both for installation and Programimg/graphics.
    that would be kind of difficult because of different supply houses and sites having different price markup and tax scenarios.
    then you have to factor in the competition (what could you save by using this company? do you have to sign any procurement contracts? ,etc., etc)
    im sure a contracted supplier would be happy to litigate over publicizing confidential material and info!

ive been in the industry for nearly 30 years and military for 10 before that so I know this scenario well.
    I'm not anti-social
    I'm anti- stupid